The Andy Griffith Show ran for eight years and had two spinoffs. As a popular show it has had many nods to in pop culture.
References[edit | edit source]
- The New Scooby Doo Movies- The Spooky Fog (1972): Don Knotts appeared in an episode as a deputy of a town named "Juneberry" his boss was "Dandy Taylor"
- The Muppet Show (1976): Miss Piggy states (about Jim Nabors) "I don't know if I should call him Jim or Gomer"
- The Johnny Carson Show (1980): A women comments on Carson's use of "Moulage"
- Silver Spoons- Father Nature (1982): Edward whistles theme song as him and Ricky leave to go fishing.
- Cheers: The book of Samuel (1986): Carla call Woody "Gomer"
- Full House - Sisterly Love (1988): Danny refers to Jessie and Joey as Gomer and Goober.
- Ant Man (2015): While planning a heist Luis says he will try to blend in as a security guard by "Whistling" Scott replies "No whistling this Isn't the Andy Griffith Show."
Section heading[edit | edit source]
Write the second section of your page here.