Barney and the Governor, Ep 15
January 7, 1963
Andy Griffith as Sheriff Andy Taylor
Don Knotts as Deputy Barney Fife
Barney issues a citation when the governor's chauffeur parks in a no parking zone.
Barney is goaded into ticketing the governor's car and mistakenly believes Andy is setting him up for a dressing-down by the governor. In fact, the governor is coming to Mayberry to give him a personal commendation for performing a job without showing favorites. In the midst of all the action, Otis secretly spikes the water tank, giving both Barney and Mayor Stoner a surprise snootful.
- Although automobiles for the series were furnished by Ford, the governor's car is a Cadillac limousine.
- The license plate on the governor's car reads A1A Noth Capolnja. (Perhaps the strange spelling is to prevent any legal problems with a plate actually reading "North Carolina.")
- The Governor's chauffeur is played by Ron Howard's father, Rance.
- This episode includes the first appearance of the courthouse water crock which will remain in future episodes.
- Although The Governor stops by to "Pay his Respect" to good ol'Barn, he never Paid his fine. Pretty slick, even for a Politician.
- Barney unwittingly drank moonshine and became intoxicated once before, in "The Keeper of the Flame".
Barney: (drunk) Put that in your smipe and poke it.
Mayor: The Governor's...not mad... at all.
Andy: Thanks to you Mayor. If you and him wasn't such good friends, ain't no telling what might have happened.
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|One-Punch Opie||Man in a Hurry|