It looks like the torch may be re-lit when Sharon shows up and she and Andy pick up right where they left off, in the garden outside. Both wonder whatever happened when it finally occurs to them both that what separated them in high school is what separates them now. Sharon wants the bright lights and big city, and Andy is happy to stay where he is. Meanwhile, Barney discovers that his old girlfriend Ramona Wiley is married.
- Andy's full name is Andrew Jackson Taylor.
- It is revealed in this episode that Andy and Barney graduated from Mayberry Union High School in the class of 1945.
- The name of the yearbook is the "Cutlass".
- The yearbook shown belongs to Barney. Andy's copy was given to a disease drive by Aunt Bee.
- Both Taylor and Fife joined the service in World war II; Fife was a file clerk in Long Island New York, but it is unknown whether Andy saw combat. The War in Europe ended in May 1945, and the War in Asia ended when Japan surrendered on September 2, 1945. However, Andy could have been part of the Army of Occupation in Europe.
- The band that plays during the class reunion was the original Carl Benson's Wildcats, except for the lady up front who was Carl's mother.
- When this and Mountain Wedding were included on the 50th Anniversary DVD, the title sequence from Season 2 was used.
- While looking at their old high school yearbook, Andy reads Barney's full name as Bernard Milton Fife. Through most of the series, Barney is known as Bernard P. Fife.
- While looking at their old high school yearbook, Andy sees his photo, then a few pages later, he sees Barney's photo. If the classmates were in alphabetical order, Bernard Fife would have appeared before Andrew Taylor.
- An editing glitch can be seen when Barney begins making his sandwich (right before Sharon DeSpain arrives). Barney has part of his sandwich made in the shot before. As Andy joins Barney in the new shot, Barney's sandwich is empty and he begins to make the sandwich again.