- "I hate the outdoors. When I go out into the sun, I get the herpes."
|Full Name||Lydia Crosswaithe|
|First Episode||Barney Mends a Broken Heart|
|Last Episode||Goober and the Art of Love|
|Romances|| Andy Taylor|
|Portrayed by||Josie Lloyd|
Lydia Crosswaithe is a pretty, but, demure young lady, who is the object of two blind dates in Mayberry. The first is a date with Sheriff Andy Taylor, the second with Goober Pyle. Her personality is one of being a "Debbie Downer". She was portrayed by Josie Lloyd.
- Lydia works in Mt. Pilot and is friends with Thelma Lou.
- She doesn't know how to play Bridge.
- Her name means native of Lydia, in ancient Greece.
- She is from Greensboro.
- She hates the guitar, but likes the sax and clarinet.
- She hates chit-chat.
- She hates the outdoors, and gets herpes from the sun.
- Hangs her head out the car window, from getting car sick.